Showing 19 results

Name
Corporate body

The Trinitonian, Trinity University

  • UA08.001
  • Corporate body
  • 1875-

The Trinitonian (1900-present) is the weekly student-run newspaper of Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas. First published under the name Trinity Exponent (1888-1900), the periodical traces its history to 1888, when a number of campus literary societies banded together to launch a monthly magazine exhibiting student creative work in fiction, non-fiction, and poetry. At that time, such literary societies (and their related publications) afforded students a rare opportunity to express ideas and opinions outside of the classroom. In 1900 the Trinity Exponent was renamed the Trinitonian, and by 1915 it had evolved into a weekly newspaper that covered campus news and calendar information, as well as some local and world events. Currently, contributions to the Trinitonian are open to the university community, but staff is comprised primarily of Trinity students. The publication features campus news, political opinions, literary works and criticisms, and advertisements.

Trinity University Special Collections and Archives

  • SC.ar.002
  • Corporate body
  • 1979-

The staff of Trinity University Special Collections and Archives will, upon occasion, assemble an artificial collection of related materials to serve as a teaching collection.

San Miguel de Allende (Mexico) [espanol]

  • Corporate body
  • 1555-

San Miguel de Allende es un distrito en la región oeste de Guanajuato, México. El área fue el sitio de el pueblo Chichimeca llamado Izcuinapan antes de la llegada de el imperio español en las primeras décadas del siglo dieciséis. El pueblo fue establecido en el año 1555 por Bernardo Cossin y nombrado San Miguel el Grande. A mediados del siglo dieciocho, el pueblo era uno de los mas grandes asentimientos de Nueva España, con una población de que sobrepasada 30,000 residentes. San Miguel fue central en la guerra por la Independencia de México temprano en el siglo diecinueve; el nombre del pueblo fue cambiado a San Miguel de Allende en el año 1826 en honor al héroe revolucionario Ignacio Allende.

Women Intercollegiate Athletics Oral History Project

  • UA13.001
  • Corporate body
  • 2017-

The oral histories were conducted by the Women’s Intercollegiate Athletics Committee, beginning in fall of 2017 to provide greater insight into the pre-1982 history of Trinity women’s intercollegiate athletics. Committee members include university historian and professor emeritus R. Douglas Brackenridge, retired physical education professor Shirley Rushing Poteet, university archivist and records manager Jessica C. Neal, alumna and former athlete Betsy Gerhardt Pasley (1977), and senior reference librarian Meredith Elsik. This oral history project endeavors to create an archival collection that captures the recorded spoken memories of alumni, faculty, staff, and administrators. This project also seeks to collect publications, past audio and video interviews, photographs, and memorabilia that document women’s athletics at Trinity.

San Miguel de Allende (Mexico)

  • LCNAF no82147188
  • Corporate body
  • 1555-present

San Miguel de Allende is a municipality in the eastern region of Guanajuato, Mexico. The area was the site of a Chichimeca village called Izcuinapan prior to Spanish colonization in the early 16th century. The current town was founded in 1555 by Bernardo Cossin, and named San Miguel el Grande. By the mid-18th century it was one of the largest settlements in New Spain, with a population of over 30,000 residents. San Miguel was central to the Mexican War of Independence in the early 19th century; the town was renamed San Miguel de Allende in 1826 in honor of revolutionary hero Ignacio Allende.